You’ll love these lemon garlic shrimp kabobs seasoned simply with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic and oregano. These classic Mediterranean flavors taste amazing with the shrimp and a mix of fresh vegetables cooked on the grill. It’s a quick and healthy meal any day of the week.
Are you ready for warmer weather and a great season of grilling? I sure am! Start the season out right with this simple and healthy lemon-garlic shrimp kabobs recipe. I serve these lemon- garlic shrimp kabobs with grilled vegetables, rice or a fresh salad. The veggies pictured here include yellow squash (zucchini), red bell pepper, onions and mushrooms. Chop the vegetables up to approximately the same size portions to help with even cooking.
Garlic-shrimp kabobs don’t take long to make, but the shrimp will benefit from a little marinating ~ at least one hour. If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for several minutes prior to use. I usually let them soak as the shrimp is marinating in the fridge. Then thread the vegetables and shrimp onto the skewers alternating. As for the asparagus served on the side here, simply season the asparagus in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a dash of sea salt and pepper.
I use red bell peppers, yellow zucchini and onion in these kabobs. These vegetables are colorful and taste great with the classic flavors of lemon, garlic and oregano. These lemon-garlic shrimp kabobs take just minutes to cook on the hot grill. It’s a great meal if you are watching your calories and carbs or are cooking for a family.
Lemon-garlic shrimp kabobs
Simple and healthy lemon-garlic shrimp kabobs make a quick and tasty meal any day of the week.
- 1 1/2 lbs gulf shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 medium yellow zucchinis
- 5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- juice of half a lemon
- zest of half a lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (optional)
- wooden skewers
- Cut the onion, red bell pepper and zucchini into bite-sized pieces or wedges and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, oregano and a generous pinch of sea salt and pepper. Toss and marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- In another bowl, toss the vegetables with remaining 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Thread the vegetables and shrimp onto the skewers. Grill the kabobs on medium-high heat for just a few minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Turn once. The vegetables will be cooked but still slightly firm.
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for several minutes prior to use.
4 thoughts on “Lemon-garlic shrimp kabobs”
Great recipe and perfect for a summer barbeque. We all love shrimps and the combination of the vegetables and the herbs is very promising. I love lemon zest, I could add it anywhere. On my list for Sunday
Thanks so much for visiting Laura. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Tasty and simple.
These look delicious! I was hoping to make them for a function. How many skewers does this 1 recipe make? Thank you!
Hi Diana, Thank you for visiting my blog! This recipe is enough for four people. Depending on how much you load up the skewers, it should be about 8 skewers. Double the recipe if you have big eaters. Any cooked left overs are also good served cold on top of salads. Makes a great quick lunch.