Crab and shrimp make a great pair in these tasty crab and shrimp salad wraps. I use fresh cooked Dungeness crab and cooked and peeled salad shrimp in this recipe. But you can use other kinds of crab as well. Crab and shrimp salad wraps make a delicious lunch.
The crab should be cooked and picked over of any shells. If your crab was previously frozen let it completely thaw and gently press out any excess moisture with a paper towel. You don’t want a mushy wet crab and shrimp salad.
These crab and shrimp salad wraps have simple yet flavorful ingredients that enhance the flavor of the crab and shrimp. I use fresh parsley, chives, lemon, salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper for seasonings. If you like your crab and shrimp with more kick, you can always add a 1/2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning as well. My kids don’t like them too spicy. But feel free to add in your favorite spice.
In the summer months we spend afternoons out on the Puget Sound catching Dungeness crab. There is nothing better than fresh caught cooked crab, especially with melted garlic butter for dipping. We often have extra crab meat left over. We portion out the crab meat and freeze it for other recipes like these tasty crab and shrimp salad wraps.
The crab and shrimp salad wrap filling is super delicious on it’s own as well on top of a fresh garden salad. There is more than one way to enjoy a crab and shrimp salad.
Crab and shrimp salad wraps
Crab and shrimp make a great pair in these tasty crab and shrimp salad wraps. I use fresh cooked Dungeness crab and cooked and peeled salad shrimp in this recipe.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 5 mins
- Total Time 15 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Keyword: crab, shrimp, wrap
- Servings: 4 people
- Author: Michelle
What you’ll need
- 1 cup crab, cooked and no shells
- 1 cub salad shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (optional only if you like it extra spicy)
- handful green leaf lettuce
- burrito sized flour tortillas or wraps of your choice
These crab and shrimp salad wraps are so easy to make. Make sure any excess water is gently pressed out of the crab and shrimp.
- Gently combine all the ingredients (except lettuce and wraps) in a large glass mixing bowl. Use a rubber spatula to mix everything together (gently so as not to break up the delicate crab and shrimp meat).
- Lay out 1/4 of the crab and shrimp salad in the middle of the wrap. Top with a small amount of green leaf lettuce.
- Fold in two opposite sides of the wrap and begin rolling inward. Tuck in the ends of the wrap. Slice the wrap in half and serve.
And that’s a wrap! I hope you enjoy these crab and shrimp salad wraps. It makes a great lunch when you’re in the mood for fresh seafood.